Ice wax dabs are a great way to get a clean, powerful hit. It’s a bubble hash produced by freezing the plant and then melting it with water. The ice and water procedure is repeated until all of the THC has been extracted from the plant material. After that, you filter it through different mesh screens of varying sizes. The end result is a sand-like textured wax with visible grains that resembles beach sand. Ice Wax Dabbing Melts fully and leaves very little residue when done properly. Try our Purple Tic Tac Strain.
Ice wax concentrate is one of the most powerful marijuana concentrates available without the use of solvents. When making a concentrate, usually a solvent such as butane is required, however ice wax is different.
How to Make Ice Wax Dabs
To make high-quality ice wax, marijuana plants with lots of trichomes are required. If you use low-grade brick weed, your ice wax will be ugly and unpleasant, and it won’t give a strong hit. Plant material frozen immediately after being hand-trimmed is regarded by the industry as the finest ice wax.
It’s essential to have a variety of micron-sized bubble bags in different sizes. You’ll want 70, 90, 120, and 160 micron bubble bowls or 5-gallon bags. The purer the material is, the more screens you’ll need to filter it.
Ice wax is a type of salve that includes THC. It’s important to get started on the road as soon as possible, since flavor and aroma are lost when it freezes. If you soak it for too long, the outer layers of the material containing all of the scent and taste are washed away.
Make sure you have the following items before you begin your quest to learn how to make ice wax dabs:
- A full set of bubble bags or bowls in various micron sizes
- A work bag (this should come with the bubble bags)
- A spray bottle
- Two large buckets
- Cold water and a bag of ice
- High-quality marijuana matter with lots of trichomes
- A clean stick or wooden spoon
- A thick card such as an old credit card
How to Make Ice Wax Concentrate: A Step-by-Step Guide
- To begin, create the buckets. The empty work bag goes in one and the bubble bags in the other. Stack the bubble bags from smallest to biggest so that the tiniest micron bag is on the bottom and the largest on top.
- In alternating layers, add the plant material and ice to the work bag. Add enough cold water to cover this mixture; allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
- Add more ice-cold water to thin out the mixture. Agitate the solution with the stick or spoon for up to 20 minutes, until it’s a soupy texture.
- Squeeze out any remaining liquid from the work bag and drain it into the pail. Then, fill the second bucket with water solution and rinse the first to ensure that no solution is left in it.
- Remove all of the bubble bags from your full-stack and tilt it at an angle. As mesh on the bottom drains, remove the largest micron bag from the top and begin collecting material with the card. Clean the mesh with a spray bottle.
- Continue on to the next set of bags. Place all of the debris from each bag directly onto a pressing screen as soon as you’ve collected it.
- Place the collected material in a sealed container for up to 36 hours. Cut your wax into pieces and spread it out to speed up drying. Water trapped within the wax spoils its flavor and fragrance, and mold may develop as a result of this. You can press it with a rolling pin to release moisture pockets if you want to make large amounts.
How to Smoke Ice Wax Dabs
There are a variety of methods to smoke ice wax; some are preferable than others. Here’s a guide on the most popular techniques so you can pick the one that works best for you.
Smoking Ice Wax Concentrate with a Dab Rig
This is the technique we suggest. A rig is a water pipe that has been modified with dabbing accessories such as a nail connected to the intake, as shown here. It can be made of numerous materials, but most consumers choose quartz or titanium.
To see whether you can cause the water to bubble, fill the rig’s chamber with water and blow into the downstem. If any water splashes into your mouth while performing this procedure, remove it. It is necessary to ‘season’ a quartz or titanium nail for the first time if you are using one. When heated, new nails can leach natural minerals away and leave your wax with an unpleasant taste.
Add the essential oil to the head of the nail before heating it with a torch. When completely coated, remove the nail using tongs and place it in a basin of water. Repeat at least three more times before adding concentrate.
Pick up a little ice wax with your dab tool. As soon as possible after heating the torch, move it away from the rig. After 45 seconds, apply the wax to the nail. Inhale through the mouthpiece until no more vapor is visible in the rig’s chamber.
When the vapor has cleared, lower the rig and breathe out. Repeat this procedure as many times as you wish. Ice wax, on the other hand, is quite powerful. After completing the session, warm the end of the tool that came into touch with ice wax. Clean it using an alcohol swab or a towel while it’s still warm and easy to remove any residue.
Vaping Ice Wax Dabs
This is another fantastic method to consume ice wax. To learn whether there’s a vape pen that matches your requirements, browse through our list of evaluations. A basic pen consists of a cartridge, battery, mouthpiece, and atomizer. Many vaporizer companies are striving to stay ahead of the curve by developing high-quality devices.
In a matter of seconds, most vaporizers convert wax to vapor.
Imagine being able to heat your ice wax to whatever temperature you want. It’s now feasible, and most vaporizers generate wax vapor in a matter of seconds. The way you use the device is determined by the manufacturer. Vape pens with an old-fashioned design require you to remove the atomizer from the battery and place a dab of ice wax on the exposed coil before turning on the battery and connecting the atomizer. When vaping is ready, screw on the mouthpiece and get ready to vape.
Other Ways to Smoke Ice Wax Marijuana
A Healthstone is a clear glass insert that may be inserted into a glass bubbler or bowl to create a screen. Insert the healthstone into the bowl and top it with a dab of wax. Apply heat using a torch to begin vaping.
Sprinkling ice wax into the flower you put in your joint is a classic way of xing. Make certain the wax doesn’t run out and you’ll have a stronger joint.
When you prepare ice wax dabs meticulously, the result will not resemble oil at all. Instead, it should appear like pristine sand and have an enticing fragrance. To make it seem more like a butane hash oil dab, use more heat and pressure to get the desired consistency.
Ice wax is as good as, if not better than, ice wax. Hash makers are constantly looking for new methods to improve the standard. For example, using rosin pressure at low temperatures is a relatively new approach. This technique is intended to turn ice wax into a form of rosin that looks and feels similar to live resin extracts. Expect to pay a premium for this unique sort of wax if you can discover it.
Hopefully, this article has answered any questions you may have regarding ice wax dabs. Please leave a comment below if you’ve ever used ice wax dabs and what you think of them.